Protecting your privacy is important to us at Citybus Georgia (“citybus.ge”). On this page, you will find information on how we collect and store your personal data.
1. Overall description of our data processing practices
This Policy describes how we process the personal data of our customers in connection with ticket sales though our website and mobile apps, cookies used on our websites, marketing based on your data and our statutory duties.
2. The purposes and legal basis for our processing
We collect your personal data in the course of providing transport services to you. Your personal data is collected for the preparation and implementation of the contract for the sale of tickets, as well as for electronic direct marketing for same kinds of services offered by us and other marketing, as set forth below.
Your personal data is processed for us to be able manage and develop our customer relationship with you, for planning, developing and monitoring of different parts of our operations, as well as for the handling of general customer service, communications, marketing, customer satisfaction and necessary verification and data security actions.
More specifically, we collect personal data through the following channels and for the following purposes:
- The website: On our website, we collect data when you buy tickets or contact us through the contact form. This is done for us to be able to sell you tickets, to send your order confirmations and other information regarding your trip, to receive feedback, and to respond to questions and other contact requests sent in through the webpage. Based on this information, we may also contact you for troubleshooting purposes as well as for sending you traffic bulletins. The processing of data collected through the website is necessary for the performance of a contract relating to the ticket purchase, as well as for our legitimate interest to handle customer relations.
- Other channels of customer care: We may also collect data through our other customer care channels, for example when you call our customer service phone number, when you send us an email or when you contact us over Facebook or other social media. Such information is used only for the purpose of handling your question or other contact request, and may not be used for other purposes. The processing of the data (such as your contact details and other information you provide to us relating to your request), is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interest to handle customer relations.
- The mobile apps: Personal data is also collected through our two mobile apps for the preparation and implementation of the contract for the sale of mobile tickets. The processing of data collected through the apps is necessary for the performance of a contract relating to the purchase of mobile tickets. Payments in mobile app are being made through JSC TBC Bank.
- Marketing: We may also process your personal data for marketing purposes, such as for sending you information about our services. After buying tickets online, we may for example send you marketing communications about similar services of citybus.ge, if you have not opted out of receiving such messages. Based on your consent, we may also send you electronic marketing communication of selected partners. Your personal data cannot be used by us or third parties for other types of electronic direct marketing purposes unless you give consent to such marketing, and you always have the right to withdraw your consent to such marketing by contacting us at email@example.com
- The legal basis for the processing of marketing data is thus your consent as regards third party marketing, and, as regards citybus.ge’s own marketing communications relating to services similar to those you have purchased, the legitimate interest of citybus.ge to send you such information.
3. The data we process
The personal data that we process include the following data:
- Basic information you have provided us, such as your name, address, phone number, email address, birthdate, title, used language,
- Data related to our customer relationship with you, such as tickets ordered, order registration, the date and time of order payment, other possible transaction and usage information such as data of transactions within a customer relationship as well as the usage of products and services in different channels, satisfaction information given out by you and other equivalent data. Bank account details are processed for refund purposes. In the mobile app, you may also save your bank card information for further purchases; and
- Data related to marketing, such as consent to marketing and newsletters, attendance and wins of contests, information of possible direct marketing ban or information on having opted out of receiving marketing communications, information collected through cookies, certain profiling information relating to online purchases.
4. Where we collect the data from
Personal data is mainly collected directly from you. In addition, data can be collected when you sign up for services and use the services and communications including the use of third party identification and verification tools and services.
Personal data can also be collected, recorded and updated from other data controllers offering services like collecting address information, updating registries and collecting credit information.
5. Disclosures and transfers to third parties
We will not disclose your personal data to any third parties unless required to do so under applicable laws or to perform services for you.
We may disclose personal data in accordance with and obligated by existing legislation. Information on customers may for example be disclosed to authorities on their request, for their performance of tasks carried out in the public interest.
We primarily process personal data on servers within the EU/EEA. However, we may need to transfer your information from a location within the EU/EEA. The level of information protection in countries outside the EU/EEA may be lower than that offered within the EEA. Where this is the case, we and third party processors used will implement appropriate measures under the GDPR to ensure that your personal information remains protected and secure.
We regularly use processors for the technical, commercial or operative implementation of data handling and your personal data may be transferred to and processed by such third-party providers which perform services for us to enable them to perform the services.
6. Principles of data security and retention
citybus.ge will only process personal data for the purposes for which it was collected and as set out above.
citybus.ge has taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to keep your personal data secure. citybus.ge maintains a report of the information on a separate, limited-access server. Access to the information is secured so that the viewing of information requires the use of both the username administrated by citybus.ge as well as user-specific access credentials and password. Access can be granted only to personnel working for citybus.ge who require the information for customer service.
Your personal data is stored only for as long as and in the extent that it is necessary for the purposes for which the information was collected.
7. Your rights
You may at any time exercise your rights as a data subject in relation to your personal data that we process. Your rights include the following:
- Right to access and rectification: You have the right obtain access to the personal data relating to you. This includes e.g. the right to be informed whether or not personal data about you is being processed, what personal data is being processed, and the purpose of the processing. You also have the right to request that inaccurate or incomplete personal data be corrected.
- Right to object: You are entitled to object to certain processing of personal data, including for example processing of your personal data for marketing purposes or when we otherwise base our processing of your personal data on a legitimate interest of ours or a third party.
- Right to erasure: You may also request that your personal data be erased if, for example, the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, the processing is unlawful, or the personal data has to be erased to enable us to comply with a legal requirement.
- Right to data portability: If personal data about you that you yourself have provided is being processed automatically with your consent or in accordance with a contract between you and OnniBus.com, you may request that the data is provided to you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and you may also request that the personal data is transmitted to another controller, if this is technically feasible.
- Right to withdraw your consent: In cases where the processing is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent to such processing at any time.
- Opt-out from marketing: If we use your use your contact information obtained in the context of a ticket purchase to send you electronic marketing communications about our other similar services, you will always have the possibility to opt out of future marketing.
You may exercise any of the above mentioned rights by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Contact Us
citybus.ge is the controller of your personal data for the purposes described above. If you have any questions or complaints about how we process your personal data, or would like further information, please contact us at any time by sending us an email to email@example.com